Our passion: Serving families
The childbirth year provides an opportunity to explore. A baby emerges, and also a mother, a father and often grandparents emerge.
It is our joy to mentor and support families as they prepare for and give birth and as they ease into their new roles.
We believe that knowledge is power
and that, with support, families
can have a gentler
passage into parenthood.
Our work follows the guiding principles of Birthing From Within:
- Childbirth is a profound rite of passage.
- Parents’ individual needs and differences determine class content.
- The purpose of childbirth preparation is to prepare mothers to give birth in awareness, not to achieve a specific outcome.
- Pain is sometimes a part of childbirth but much can be done to alleviate suffering.
- Partners help best as “birth guardians” or loving partners, not coaches. They also need support.
- Childbirth preparation is also parent preparation.